Topic:
Re: How To... (8 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
January 24, 2007 08:09PM
Re: How To...
Mhike286 - January 24, 2007 08:09PM
hi! sorry for asking but what exactly did you do to make a manual. cuz i've got this walkthrough for FFIX from gamefaqs(txt) and converted it to .png, there were 371 files then i used the gui to make a .dat file but everytime i open it in the game it says "no manual available" i've also tried changing size/pixels but nothing. as for game code i put slus-00892. i hope you can help me sad smiley
Azumandias - January 24, 2007 08:49PM
Mhike286, if you use the gui I recommend in my tutorial in the help forum, you don't need to convert the txt to png. Simply import the text file rather than any pngs and create the document.dat. It will set up pages as needed for you.
Mhike286 - January 25, 2007 04:21AM
OK, this is exactly what i did. right now i'm using pspdocmaker v0.21(by The NameLess) i went to gamefaqs and opened the walkthrough,,,saved that page as text on my desktop. i opened the gui and selected "Add Textfiles" clicked on the file then changed the game code to exactly as my eboot.pbp then "CREATE" i saved the file into
F:\PSP\GAME\FFVIII deleting the previous dat file i made. still nothingsad smiley
oh! and i'm using the default setting of pspdocmaker
Azumandias - January 25, 2007 06:11AM
Hmm, Everything sounds right. The only thing I can think of would be that your text file is too long, but that is just guessing. I will look into creating that walkthrough and post any results later. Unfortunately much later as I have a long day ahead of me, but I wanted you to know I would be looking into it.
Mhike286 - January 25, 2007 06:22AM
thanks a lot! btw way the file i used was the walkthrough for FF8 made by Zenalasca

EDIT: i just tried to use the ffviii manual you've made and it works! however when i try to make my own manual using your scanlated pictures, it didn't work for me... i think i need to adjust some settings in the docmaker like FONT,HEIGHT or COMPRESSION.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2007 09:45AM by Mhike286.
Azumandias - January 25, 2007 12:46PM
I think it is something with your docmaker, as I have created the FF8 guide posted by Zenalasca and it worked fine for me. I uploaded it here:
[www.psxpspmanuals.com]

EDIT: I have attached a screenshot of my gui settings for your reference:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2007 01:01PM by Azumandias.
Mhike286 - January 26, 2007 03:53AM
oh i figured it out,,, it was just a problem w/my memstick(a fake one) i got it from ebay 5days ago.. whenever i delete a file, something in that folder gets corrupted,,, i formatted my MS et voila! a walkthrough with 999pages!

tHanks a lot azumandia for your help,,, now i'll try to return this MS and buy a genuine one so i can help making some manuals/guide.smiling smiley  :)

EDIT: 3.03 oe-c by DA is out now! and theres 3.03FW downgrader too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2007 03:57AM by Mhike286.
Azumandias - January 26, 2007 01:37PM
Glad to here your problem is semi-solved and thanks for posting your findings here. It will help others with the same problem get going again without the hassle you had to go through.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.