Any psxpsp manual questions will be answered in this forum. Some basic tutorials are also available here.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Announcements Posted Last Post
Azumandias 02/02/2010 09:17PM
Azumandias 08/26/2012 06:51PM
Azumandias 07/31/2010 08:07AM
Actions: New Topic Print View
Search
History: Home Help and Tutorials
Topic:
Re: How To... (7 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
January 17, 2007 02:00PM
Re: How To...
naoki1980 - January 17, 2007 02:00PM
I have some guides in CDisplay format. I understand that I have to extract them using WinRAR. But the images I extracted are all very big in sizes. Anyway way to shrink them to the require PNG size? FYI the files resolutions are like 2000x3000.

I also do have guides which are already in PDF format. Is there anyway to uncompile them to images by the pages?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 02:01PM by naoki1980.
Azumandias - January 17, 2007 02:19PM
For image resizing, I use Gimp which is a free, yet advanced, graphic editor. A simpler one, which still allows image resizing is Irfanview. This is definitely a more advanced process and may be included in an "Advanced" tutorial soon.

For pdf to image I use a very unsophisticated method. I open the pdf, hit the Print Screen button, then paste the image into Gimp, chop it down to size and save it as a png.

Please note, with the PSP DocmakerGUI that I have linked in the tutorial, any image (gif,jpg,png) can be used, not just pngs.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you don't want to go through that hassle, email me the pdfs and I would be happy to post them for you, with proper notice for your work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 11:22PM by Azumandias.
naoki1980 - January 17, 2007 11:17PM
I sure hope that you will come up with the time soon to do some sort of tutorials, I certainly hope to share my collection of guides with everyone here.
Azumandias - January 17, 2007 11:29PM
I will try to have the advanced tutorial up this weekend. One thing to try before then: Download the PSP DocmakerGUI I have linked in the simple tutorial, then use it on one of your bigger-image manuals (the 2000x3000 ones). The program's readme claims that it will automatically resize/reformat your pictures. Basically follow the tutorial I posted but ignore the resizing/reformatting of the pictures. Let me know how it goes.
naoki1980 - January 18, 2007 12:53PM
hey what do you know, it really auto resizes. But I have problem uploading the file as it is too big and its over the 30mb limit as it is near 70mb(226 pages). Tell me how I can share and I will get it loaded up ASAP.
Azumandias - January 18, 2007 01:32PM
226 pages? Is this a walkthrough or strategy guide? I guess I would recommend breaking up into separate files. If it is for a game with multiple discs, maybe separate it by disc. Otherwise, use a program like WinRAR to compress the file into a split archive (ie 10 7mb files).
naoki1980 - January 18, 2007 10:35PM
yup its a strategy guide. now I am tring to break it up by disc.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.