Any psxpsp manual questions will be answered in this forum. Some basic tutorials are also available here.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Announcements Posted Last Post
Azumandias 02/02/2010 09:17PM
Azumandias 08/26/2012 06:51PM
Azumandias 07/31/2010 08:07AM
Actions: New Topic Print View
Search
History: Home Help and Tutorials
Topic:
Cannot successfully create manual after following faqs (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
March 04, 2007 02:19PM
Cannot successfully create manual after following faqs
blubber55 - March 04, 2007 02:19PM
I followed everyone of your faqs to the very last detail but it still says 'no software manual available'.

I checked the eboot id of the actual game itself, then made sure the manual id was the same when I was creating it, then I put document.dat into the same folder as the eboot. Still no luck. Does the FOLDER name under psp/games/GAMENAMEHERE have to be be the game id or can it be a more descriptive name? For example Psp/Game/Nectaris is ok or does it have to be slus-00153? Or is it SLUS_00153? I also have a warcraft 2 eboot with an included document.dat file (I didnt make it) which doesnt work either. What size is the filesize of document.dat generally speaking? Thanks, I m most frustrated... this site is badly needed, I have the most trouble finding manuals, more so that the games themselves (ahem, warcraft 2).
Re: Cannot successfully create manual after following faqs
Azumandias - March 04, 2007 03:17PM
Quote:
blubber55
I followed everyone of your faqs to the very last detail but it still says 'no software manual available'.

I checked the eboot id of the actual game itself, then made sure the manual id was the same when I was creating it, then I put document.dat into the same folder as the eboot. Still no luck. Does the FOLDER name under psp/games/GAMENAMEHERE have to be be the game id or can it be a more descriptive name? For example Psp/Game/Nectaris is ok or does it have to be slus-00153? Or is it SLUS_00153?

I don't think the game has to be in a particular folder. Descriptive folders work for me.

Quote:
blubber55
I also have a warcraft 2 eboot with an included document.dat file (I didnt make it) which doesnt work either. What size is the filesize of document.dat generally speaking?

The file sizes depend on the quality of the orignal manual scan and the number of pages. They can range from 1 to 30+ MBs.

I have uploaded the Warcraft II manual here: [www.psxpspmanuals.com]. Give it a try. One thing another player mentioned is that they found out their memory card would get corrupt after a number of transfers and no manual would work. They reformated the card and copied everything back on and the manual was fine. Have you tried that yet?

If you do get a manual created and working, please post it here for everyone to share. If you need help with that let me know.
blubber55 - March 04, 2007 08:40PM
Thanks VERY much the warcraft manual works! I think the problem is the image editing program I use, irfanview doesnt seem to save pngs in a format that creates a workable document.dat file. I ve resized to 450x450, saved as png format and I still can create a workable manual. However I would be happy to upload the png files for the manual for Nectaris in case someone else has any luck, I ve tried my best.
Azumandias - March 04, 2007 08:54PM
I'm glad I could help.

Please zip the pngs and upload them in the User Manuals forum - you can upload up to 5 6MB files there. I will then create a manual from them and repost it in your thread (credit given where credit due and all that), though I will upload them to orbitfiles as it is quicker and more bandwidth friendly for me. If you come across any other manuals I'd be more than happy to do the same.

Thanks in advance,

Azumandias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2007 08:56PM by Azumandias.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.